As mother to a newborn, i find myself obsessing. i guess i knew i would, as i obsess about everything in general. But i think about things like: When is a sneeze just a sneeze? Sneezing is a sign that a drug-exposed baby is becoming hyper-stimulated, so when she sneezes, i wonder if it's A) hyper-stimulation or a sign that tremors, etc are coming on, B) illness, C) Allergies (PLEASE don't let her be allergic to the dogs!), or D) just a sneeze. So far i'm pretty sure they're all A or D.
Don't worry loyal D fans: i'll write more later for sure. Probably.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahaha. you sound like me! but i do that for everything. not just babies.
ReplyDeleteI'm learning so much about drug exposed infants from your blog...definitely helpful.
ReplyDeleteFrom what I remember, J sneezed a ton as a newborn. Apparently there's a lot of gunk left from being in utero that they have to sneeze out or something. I wouldn't worry about illness unless it's accompanied by lots and lots of snot. You are doing a great job, mama!!
ReplyDeleteJoshua sneezes ALL the time. In most cases, it's just their little bodies' natural way of expelling foreign objects from the nose/mouth since they don't have mature nasal hairs and mucus glands yet. I'd say the sneezing is normal, but I understand why you'd worry.
ReplyDeleteLucas sneezes all the time (almost always in pairs too) and I notice it is when he gets in direct sunlight.
ReplyDeleteAllergies don't typically develop until about 1 year. You are doing great!
Squirmy sneezes all the time. My pedi said it was totally normal. You are doing fine!!!!
ReplyDelete