Friday, June 5, 2009

Night 2

Night 2 was significantly easier than Night 1. D was practically an angel! She ate well, cried little, and slept much. She even let me sleep from 4 am (when i started my shift) to about 7 am. Yay!

Unfortunately it seems she starts to get fussy about 8 am each morning. At least both mornings so far. Poor baby has the shakes and everything. Swaddling has been a huge benefit, but it doesn't help when her head starts to shake :(. Poor baby!

This morning i tried to install the new carseat (Eddie Bauer travel system) in my car. FAIL! i think my car is too small and the carseat is too big. There are two configurations; one with a base and one with just the seat alone. The base does NOT seem like it's secure! And i think the carseat is too high then and there's not enough space between the backseat and the front seat that way (since the seats lean back somewhat). And when you're married to a man in the 6'3" height department and you already feel bad when he drives your car and his knees almost hit the steering wheel, moving the seats up just isn't a good option.

The other confituration is seat only, and the lap belt goes over one spot and the shoulder belt goes ALL the way around the carseat. Guess whose seat belt isn't quite long enough? We BARELY got it in there, but i don't see how we're going to get the baby in it! Much less secure it in when the baby is already in it. i'm going to try the base again and put it in the seat on the passenger seat instead of the middle or driver side, and move the front px seat up a bit and pray. LOL. Assuming i get time to do it.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad the 2nd night was easier! The shakes make me SO sad for her, but I know you are giving her the love she needs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I hope this works out for you! I guess this is what happens when I miss a couple days of my Google Reader! Glad night two was better - that bodes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad it's going better. You are both amazing people for taking care of her.

    If you take your car to the PD or FD, they should be able to get the car seat in well and make sure it's safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading updates on baby d!

    ReplyDelete