Yesterday was the travel day. I was worried to death because Char did NOT sleep well, as I think I mentioned. She was up at 4 am and really didn't go back to sleep except very briefly, and woke at her normal time. I think she must have been excited to go "way up high in an airplane".
Predictibly, she didn't nap in the airports. We started out with a leg just to Atlanta, which is normally an hour flight. The captain came on the PA and said we had a 60 minute flight delay. Ugh!!!! Turned out less than that, and Char handled it fine. It was the airport before and after the flight that was the big worry, and she was indeed overstimulated and very excited about all the people, sights, sounds, etc. At one point she was holding her ears as the people mover machine went by. Poor girly! The second flight from Atlanta to San Juan was much longer, about 3 hours, and she was a trooper almost the whole way. The last 30 or 40 minutes were tough on her, and she fussed and cried a bit before napping for all of 2 minutes, and woke crying again, but calmed a little with the television on the airplane. We were over the wings and the engine noise was pretty loud, so I don't really think she disturbed anyone too much, thankfully.
Amazingly, she came to the hotel and took a bath and went right to bed at about 9:30 or 10 local time, which is 7:30 or 8 our time. She woke about an hour later crying, and I reminded her that we were right here and she was safe, and she slept until 6:30 local time. So basically she's gone to bed at normal time and awakened an hour or two early for 2 days in a row, plus missed a nap. As you can imagine, her temper has been shorter than normal (and DH and I are very tired, too, so that doesn't help), but she's doing pretty well. I'll post some pics from Day 1 in a second.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment