Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Conversations

Okay, someone please explain to me how my REAR-FACING toddler can still be a backseat driver?

Last night, we went swimming after work, and had a conversation that went something like this:

Char: Mommy?
Me: Yes, sweetheart?
Char: I love you so much!
Me: Awwww! I love you, too!
Char: Oh no!
Me: What's wrong, sweetie?
Char: You stopped the car!
Me: There's a red light, so I have to stop the car. We'll go again as soon as the light turns green.
Char: I need to go potty! I go potty in my car seat. I go potty in my pants.
Me: Pee pee goes in the potty. Please try to hold it until we get home. We'll be home soon.
Char: Look, mommy! It's green! You can go now. Go, mommy! Move the car!
Me: I know some cars are going past us but that's because they're going straight. The left turn lane light is still red. How old are you again?
Char: I'm 2, mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment