As of this writing, I don’t know what the heck is going on. Since our caseworker’s supervisor didn’t respond to Alan’s email on Tuesday, we decided to follow-up today with another email, this time copying everyone we know (which is the caseworker, the supervisor, the supervisor’s supervisor, and another at that top level who isn’t the supervisor’s direct boss but reviewed our home study because the supervisor’s actual supervisor – confused yet? – was out of the office with a death in the family). But first, I figured I’d give the caseworker a call and see if she picked up the phone (9 times out of 10 it goes to voice mail because she’s busy or out doing visits and things).
When I called, it did indeed go to voicemail, but not my caseworker’s voicemail. It was a man with a totally different name’s voicemail. I redialed, and it wasn’t a misdial. I pressed “O” and it said, “Please wait while we transfer you to ‘mm’.” I hung up.
I tried calling the main office number and did the electronic directory (enter the first 3 numbers of the last name…). It sent me to Mr. Totally Different Last Name’s voice mail again.
I tried calling the main office phone number (had to look it up online) and going the operator route, and it transferred me to “mm” again, and when “mm” answered, I said, “Hi, I’m trying to reach caseworker.” She paused, sounded confused, and said, “Ooh-kay, let me give you the number ‘out there’.” Weird. The number “out there” had a totally different prefix, and was answered by a voice mail indicating it was the Department of Children’s Services, but they’re not open right now and their normal business hours are blah blah blah. Which i was calling during. It said I should call back on the next business days during hours. As far as I know, January 29 is not a federal, state, local, or even imaginary holiday.
So I called Mr. Totally Different Last Name’s voice mail again and left a message. I think I may cry. I can only assume my caseworker left the department. Not that I wouldn’t love to have a *competent* caseworker for once, but it would be nice to have a clue what’s going on, and what this means in terms of our home study approval.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment