Saturday, Char and I met some internet friends for lunch, and we had a really nice time. Char dressed up like a punk rocker and we shot what might be the cover photos for her second rock album (just kidding; mostly). Here are some of those pictures:


(Because, believe it or not, her hair is too long now for a fauxhawk):


Then Sunday, after I got back from work, we went and bought a couple of pumpkins, and carved one of them. Well, I should put "carved" in quotation marks because really we drilled it with a cordless drill. Char seemed to have a great time, chasing us around to make us eat the pumpkin guts and handling the drill like a big kid. (I, of course, guided the drill until it was all the way in the pumpkin and she couldn't get it out by herself, so don't panic at the pictures):

And then we made and played with a homemade light box. By the way, both the drilled pumpkin and the light box ideas came from the Play At Home Mom blog. I LOVE this blog; they have the very best ideas. Check it out if you haven't already!
It was really expensive and complicated to build this homemade light box. NOT! (I just injected a little 1991 up in here, up in here). It was simply a translucent/clear rubbermaid type storage container, a string of clear white Christmas lights, and a hole drilled (or broken, more accurately) in the side, with some wax paper taped to the lid to disperse the light a bit more evenly. The colored glass are the little flower decorator gems that came from the dollar store. I bought 3 packages of them, and we also use them in our sensory table a lot.








Char makes an adorable punk rocker! Love their hair-do.
ReplyDeleteI might have to make a light box for A. I bet he'd have fun.
Now that I've seen photos, it totally makes sense to use a drill to carve a pumpkin. No more missing digits to add to the theme of the holiday!