- Pumpkin seed and sunflower seed butter and strawberry vinegrette jam sandwich on whole wheat cut with a heart-shaped cookie cutter (so about half a sandwich)
- About 1/3 of a plum, 1/2 an apricot, a couple dozen raisins sprinkled with rolled oats and cinnamon and a touch of sugar in the cinnamon
- 3 yogurt covered oatmeal raisin cookies (these are tiny cookies, about the size of a nickel but spherical)
I'm sure she had a snack when she got home, but again not sure what. Usually fruit or maybe yogurt.
Usually the nanny gives her dinner since she's over-hungry when I get home, but Char apparently wasn't in the mood to eat. Or didn't want her dinner. Whatever. She'd eaten most of the little baked asparagus spears I'd set aside and that's it. She ate the rest of them for me as well as her "fake meat and peas and diced carrots mixed with taco seasoning and cheese and baked in crescent dough whatchamacallit". THEN she had went to the fridge and got out the cheese, so I let her eat 5 cubes. She also ate a good bit of champagne grapes before going back to the fridge. I helped her prepare a kiwi with several generous dollops of plain yogurt, and she ate it all.
Then it was my turn to eat. Unfortunately we're low on food for mommy, so Char suggested I eat a banana and "be happy" lol. And then she took half the banana. Stinker. And THEN I caught her STANDING on top of the counter-height stool going through the fruit bowl, and I held her while she chose a peach, and ate about 1/3 of it.
And just exactly how bad must the weekend have been to make her this hungry, you ask? Well, Friday night she complained about it hurting to go pee pee. She's made this complaint before but never showed real signs of pain, until Friday. I had planned to get her to the pedi on Tuesday or Wednesday this week, but I decided to take her on Saturday. Note to self: The urgent care clinic is about twice as fast as the pedi office on a Saturday. Sigh. 2 1/2 hours later, no UTI. Yay! But still, ugh, what a morning! It was pretty cute when Char asked the doctor for a "sticker, please" and the pedi said, "How about two stickers?" "OKAY!" lol
After the pedi, it was time to meet up with the in-laws, who came in town. Actually, DH forgot his phone (and mine is broken for calls right now), so we felt bad because we couldn't contact them and they were worried, but we had lunch. The in-laws are always an energy drain though.
We got home from the doctor's office and lunch with IL's (note: I had not even showered yet at 2pm) to discover one of the dogs had had diarrhea in her crate while we were gone. And dragged it down the stairs and out the door. DH cleaned the living room and stairs while I put Char down for a nap, and then I cleaned the crate, only to discover the dog had been nice enough to hide some really runny poop in a fold in the dog bed and got crap ALL OVER ME. Yay! So I finally got my shower, followed by a bath, while Char napped. The IL's were over but I was willing to be rude. I figured it may be rude to shower while they waited, but it was equally rude to sit and chat while covered in dog crap.
Sunday we were heading to the IL's hotel only to discover that the same poor dog had gotten her paw pad caught in her evil crate. Apparently the brand new dog bed we had to buy Saturday was a little taller and squished her paw. So we took about 10 minutes carefully extracting her foot (she's fine), and went swimming with the IL's, and played on the playground there. Went home and put Char down for a nap again, and they came over after the nap. Oh, and after they got their car a brand new battery because it died! I swear this weekend was cursed! And to top it off, poor Char had a very bad afternoon of diarrhea and pooped in her undies and was very very upset about it. Poor girly!
After posting this, I discovered that another dog pooped in his crate. Since I had it Friday morning, inly one dog and one husband remain. Not sure whether to cheer or cry.
ReplyDelete