Thursday, August 11, 2011

DIY Sensory Table



A very simple project for under $20. I took a 24" wide shoe rack, attached 2 largish plastic bowls to the top with industrial velcro (not necessary but helps prevent them from being knocked off or completely poured out), and filled 6 short pitchers with water, rice, or lentils.


Char really seemed to enjoy it! It took about 4 seconds before the rice and beans were mixed together, but that's okay too.


Of course it made a huge mess, but she was thrilled to help clean up :).


And here's a picture just because it's cute:

Check out the wild hair!

And in other news, I got a new job! It's not a promotion; it's actually a lateral within the same department, but hopefully it will position me for advancement in the next year or two. The senior manager actually came to me (after going to my boss) to ask if I'd be interested. I hadn't planned to, but I did, and I got it! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment