Friday, August 12, 2011

Some undeserved praise

First let me give the disclaimer that I fully realize that CHARLOTTE is responsible for Charlotte potty training early, as well as all her other early milestone developments. At least 90% of her potty learning was just a result of her being her, and I can only take partial credit for the rest. All we really did was follow her lead.

My husband made me cry tonight. He told me a story about a guy from work who has twin 4 year old boys and just came back from vacation, gushing about the fun time they had. Husband mentioned our upcoming vacation, and guy said, "It's even more fun when they're potty trained!" Husband said, "Oh, Charlotte's been potty trained for 6 months!" (Actually 8). Guy said, "Really? How? My boys were almost 4!"

Husband's comment back to him: "I have a genius little kid for a daughter and a genius little kid mom for a wife. Charlotte does everything early because she's incredible and because my incredible wife learns about all these issues and observes Charlotte, knows what to look for, and follows her lead."

And I'm pretty sure no one has ever paid me a nicer compliment in my life, even if it's not really something I can take credit for!

No comments:

Post a Comment