Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Update

i SUCK at this feeding stuff. D doesn't want to take more than 3-3.5 oz per bottle for me before she starts fighting, and i don't know how much to fight back or just give up. The good news is i've discovered that she will take more after fussing (and stop fussing) if i wear her in front and feed her walking around the neighborhood. i wish it wouldn't get cold and dark so early though!

In other news, D and i were both sick this weekend. Just a cold, but it makes for a fussy baby and a fussy mommy lol. Thank goodness for sweet DH and all his patience.

Also, on Saturday morning, i was getting D some clothes from her closet and jammed a 1.5" spike (carpet spike maybe?) into my foot about 3/4". Somehow i managed not to drop the baby, hobbled to a chair to see it was sizeable, and carried D downstairs. Woke Alan up and made him get it out, which i think took 3 tries it was in so far!

So, yeah, could have been a better weekend, but we did take D to the ICE! exhibit at Opryland. It was fun. Overpriced, but fun. Got a few good pics, too. (Not necessarily these here lol).


And today's bad news is Alan's car got a hole in the exhaust (LOUD!!!), but it was fixed today for $108; definitely could have been worse.

The exciting and scary news from today is D chose tonight in the infant tub as the perfect place to try to pull herself up for the first time ever! And the redirection begins!

1 comment:

  1. Would walking briskly around the house work for feeding? I'm sorry about your foot-that sucks awfully. I have an awful memory of stepping on ~5 stickers (not the sticky kind-the plant kind) when I was in 3rd grade. I was certain I would die. But I didn't, so that's good.

    Do you need a tetanus shot?

    ReplyDelete