Monday, March 23, 2009

A Great Weekend

Sorry this post is long and boring. You've been warned.

So I had a great weekend, and I think Alan did too. Friday night he came worked the early hours (which he hated but I loved), we had a nice long, lovely walk, ate dinner, and did some cleaning and jewelry.

Saturday I woke and checked for Sittercity jobs… (Sittercity is a website where sitters sign up for free – they can buy extras like a background check, which I’ve done – and parents pay a fee to search for sitters. I’ve never gotten a single job out of it, until now). There was a job for that night for a little 3 month old baby, so of course I applied and much to my surprise, got called back. Met the mom (who was very nervous that dad had found a sitter on the evil interwebs) and they hired me for Saturday night. I can’t say enough good things about Baby Ben. Oh, my gosh, he is so cute! His ear stick straight out and his fine blond hair sticks straight up, and when he concentrates on something, his eyes get kind of crossed and his lips get pursed. Too freaking cute! Silly people paid me $50 when I totally would have done it for free ;). So aside from a nice walk and some exercise (including baby-robics, which were Ben’s favorite as I picked him up high and brought him down low, slowly of course) and not a lot of food lol, that was my Saturday.

Sunday I skipped breakfast and Alan and I went to San Antonio Taco Company (SATCO) for lunch. I was pretty good! I got 2 bean tacos with lettuce and tomato, and Alan got his usual plus cheese dip and chips. I put a spoonful of cheese sauce on each taco but ate no more, and believe me that’s an accomplishment as that cheese dip is SO GOOD! According to the Wii Fit on Sunday morning, I’ve lost 3.3 pounds since Thursday night. Some of that is probably the time of day difference, since I usually weigh less in the morning than the evening, but still, that’s probably a pound or two already for half a week. Hooray!

Also on Sunday we went to see my horse Sunny, who was very happy to learn we had brought new treats. Yum. Took him out for a ride bareback, which is only my second time bareback since I hurt my knee just over a year ago. We did some trotting and cantering, did some ground poles, and I count that as exercise because my legs tell me today that I used muscles I didn’t know I had!

Also we passed an Open House on the way to the barn and decided to stop in. We’re really not going to be buying a new house anytime soon, since we would have a hard time selling ours, but it was neat to see what’s out there. This place is south of Murfreesboro, TN (we currently live in the city of Nashville); closer to where I work but much further for Alan. But it had 3 acres which could easily be fenced for Sunny (and perhaps a friend) and the dogs.

After we got home on Sunday, we worked on jewelry for a while. I realized my throat started hurting a little, and I was also very grumpy considering it was only about 8:30 or so. Yup, I woke in the middle of the night very sick. I’m at work today but I really, really don’t feel well. My throat is killing me, I think I have a fever, I’m sniffly and coughly and miserable. So, after a very good weekend in which I only felt twinges of endo pain and kind of felt the depression lifting, I am back to miserable. Bah! And the worst part is I’ll have to cancel my babysitting gig with Ben for tomorrow night. I hope they let me sit again sometime.

Still no letter from DCS in the mail with our approval details, still no calls. Hmmmm…

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great weekend! I hope you feel better soon too!

    ReplyDelete