Friday, March 20, 2009

Appointment Update and other stuff

This is going to be long, sorry. And very likely not worth reading. YWIA!

I didn’t get a whole lot of specific answers; most will have to be asked at an appointment with the fertility clinic. Looks like from the time we get an appointment to the fertility clinic, we should be able to start our cycle within a month or so. And it will take about 3-4 weeks to make an appointment. And before I can even get an appointment, I need to lose about 30 pounds.

So the hard realities of dieting and working my butt off begin again with gusto. Damn, you bet! And it’s about time, frankly, as I am truly at my highest weight ever, which is sad because I was super super overweight 3 years ago. I managed to lose about 110 pounds over about 9 months back in 2005, and I know I can do it again. I regained some weight when dealing with wedding planning and just plain sucking and being lazy, and then when my knee injury happened, all hell just broke loose and I blew up like a balloon. Alan is so good about telling me I’m not fat, I’m beautiful, but I told him that has gotta stop! Tell me I’m a fatty already so I don’t get complacent and stop working out.

So don’t be surprised if I AW weight loss. Hopefully weight loss. Sigh. I really hate public stuff like this, but maybe it will help keep me focused.

Last night I got home and worked out on the Wii Fit for a good while, then Alan and I went for a nice walk in the neighborhood (the NCAA tourney allows his schedule to be 8:30-5:30 this week on Thurs and Fri and next week on Thurs and Fri, too. Yay! I know it’s hard on him, but I love it. Only happens once a year though L. Suddenly I love basketball). Then I still had a batch of dog treats to make that a nice Nestie bought from my Etsy store (if you’re reading this; I’ll ship it UPS this evening!), worked a little on jewelry, and made Alan give me a massage. And suddenly it was 9 freaking 30 so I collapsed in bed and watched tv for about 45 minutes before falling asleep. And oh my gosh my back hurts! That’s the body part that’s most out of shape and needs this weight loss/diet/exercise plan the most.

Today I’m planning to eat:
Honey Nut Cheerios with 1% milk for breakfast (yum)
Vegetarian Minestrone Soup for lunch
Greek Yogurt with some strawberries and a teeny bit of Cool Whip as a snack
I also brought a banana; hopefully I won’t need it

Dinner will be “Cresecent Calzones”, which are my own creation made of Reduced Fat Pillsbury Crescent rolls (pinch diagonal cuts to make rectangles instead of triangles), sprinkle with dried basil, oregano, and tarragon, put some fresh torn spinach on top, add a sundried tomato to each (chopped), and add a little mozzarella and feta cheeses, rolled up and sealed, then baked according to the directions on the crescent roll package. Easy peasy and very tasty, and not too bad for you either (approx 244 cal each, 12 g fat, 28 g carb, and 13 g protein). Yay! Probably a little cottage cheese, too, for more protein.

After work I am going to go to the gym (my workplace has a free gym, but it’s not all that well equipped and there are no classes or anything, but it’s still a great benefit) and probably ride the bike for a half hour, then go ship that package of dog treats, then go home and cook dinner, then make Alan go for another walk, then make some jewelry and get ready to mail out some stuff that was bought last night. Hopefully I’ll still have some computer time. I know I tend to be lazy, but I am so going to miss my e-friends! How on earth will I ever manage to spend time on the computer AND exercise a lot AND cook healthy foods when we have a foster kid or fks in the house? Yikes!

Oh, one cool thing I never knew is that my OB/GYN had foster kids in her house her whole life growing up (babies). She said they called them “rent-a-babies”. She’d come home from school and there would be a baby. Then a few weeks or months would go by, no more baby. Then one day there’d be another baby lol. So she was pretty supportive of that part of our journey, too.

Oh, and my goal is 20 pounds by my birthday, which sounds like too much considering the guidelines say 2 pounds per week and this would be 20 pounds in 7 weeks or about 3 pounds a week. But when you are as overweight as I am (these 30 pounds are only to get down to well into the “obese” range instead of the “morbidly obese” range – yikes!), it comes off a little faster because it’s like you’re walking around with 100 pound weights so you get that much extra exercise benefit once you get the metabolism going again. No lectures! It’s my family’s future we’re talking about here! (Secretly I’m hoping to hit the 30 pound mark by then, but I think I may need until Alan’s birthday 2 weeks later to hit that). Sadly this is when we’d hoped to START the cycle, so we may be pushing it off some. But maybe I’ll surprise even myself J.

Of course, it will be VERY hard to exercise when the endo pain is in full force. Right now I’m in that glorious week or so between my period and ovulation. But I can tell the estrogen is rising and I should ovulate probably Monday or Tuesday-ish, which means if I’m lucky I’ll get through the weekend pain-free. Then I’ll be looking at another week or so of intense pain, before having a little bit off before my period. This last time the pain started 2 days BEFORE my period, when I usually get it on the first day. So the good days are fewer and fewer. I did get an Rx for Yaz, which I’ve not heard too many good things about but I know it has a diuretic so it shouldn’t make me gain weight, may even help me lose some. I can’t really start it until Day 3 of my next period, so I should have 2 periods of pain between now and then. Joy. But hopefully the birth control will do its job and provide pain relief. Not sure how I’ll manage during the painful times because it hurts (a lot) to even walk. I can’t imagine any aerobic exercises that won’t hurt like crazy. Maybe I can do Yoga on the Wii Fit and use some hand weights or something, but it’s not very aerobic. I wonder if there’s a hot tub big enough to swim in lol.

2 comments:

  1. the crescent calzone things sound delish! i've added all that stuff to my next grocery list.

    and best of luck with your weight loss goals. you can do it! ::cheering you on::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete