I've been keeping up my promise to "try" to do more activities in the evening rather than just watch tv. I haven't so much been keeping up with my promise to chronicle it on this blog, largely because the activities we're doing aren't all new things. We've done some more balloons in the bathtub, some more sensory table work, and LOTS of light table fun.
Tonight we colored salt and then played with it on the table. I just put salt and a few drops of food coloring in a baggy and we shook shook shook it up until we had some blue, some green, and some yellow colored salts. I then put them in three clear food containers and set up the (as my favorite blog would say) "invitation).
It was really pretty fun. We drew some letters and she attempted to trace them, and she just generally had fun rubbing the salt on the table and mixing the colors.
________________________________
And an update: Monday night we went to an information session with a local adoption agency to learn more about their domestic adoption program. We left both very happy with this agency, and we're getting the vital documents together and filling out the application. This may actually happen! I'll be honest: I'm a little bit scared out of my mind, but also very, very excited. I can only hope that our next child is as wonderful as Charlotte!
No comments:
Post a Comment