







We took these pictures on Sunday morning at the Nashville Zoo, where we went with some very good friends of ours and their little boy. I had no idea that S had taken photography in the past; I just asked if she'd take some pictures of us as a family and was pleasantly surprised. If we move forward on adoption, we may use some of these in our profile. I'm beyond thrilled, particularly with the slide picture of all of us sitting down and the candid ones of us while Charlotte climbs. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Sunday morning was just approximately 1/4 of our big weekend. It started Saturday morning when I took Char to a gymnastics "tryout". Because she's not yet 3 and non-parent classes begin at 3, she had to do a trial and see if her coaches thought she was ready. Well, it was every kind of calamity possible. The gymnasium is Christian-based, and they start out with a Bible story. Seriously? Like my kid is going to sit still for 10 or 15 minutes for a Bible story and stretching when there's a huge gym full of amazing-looking equipment! Ha! Every 10, maybe 15 seconds, she was up and making a break for it for some piece of equipment or another. It got better once the sitting still portion was over, though she still wanted to do her own thing. I did notice she did okay at taking turns and sharing equipment, so that's good.
At the end of the session, the coach I talked to said that she was certainly capable of doing the equipment (well, not mastery, but she was at a level to be able to learn the equipment without it being dangerous or anything), but she suggested that Saturday morning might not be the best time since there's so much activity in the gym. She suggested a weekday morning, but that's not possible, so perhaps a weekday evening. I'm not sure if there's a spot available in any 6pm class, but that might be the way to go. Meanwhile I'm debating whether to do some mommy and me classes until she kind of gets the hang of all the equipment and the huge facility isn't as exciting and overwhelming again, or to wait a few months until she's fully transitioned at the new school and has the hang of listening a bit better.
Saturday she took a nice nap, and then we went to the playground in Franklin for a couple of hours. She loves that playground a lot. Sunday morning was the aforementioned zoo (for about 3 hours!!!), and then again she had a LONG nap, after which we all went swimming. I can't begin to tell you how exhausted I was Sunday night, but it was a good exhausted :).
No comments:
Post a Comment